Friday, September 3, 2010

You should make a wreath!

Wreaths are no longer a seasonal decoration, however there is something about a wreath that makes me look forward to fall...

I've had this wreath on my door since last Christmas for the past 2 years, I think. For a while my husband would point it out and repeat over and over, "seasonal item!" but on my front door it has stayed!


I actually made one for my mother and mother-in-law as Christmas presents. All I had to do was buy the twig wreath frames at the craft store and I used the red berries with wire stems so that I could attach them to the twigs. It isn't that seasonal...


The next wreath hangs in our hallway. I tried a couple different options but I think the wreath fits in the space the best so it has stayed up year-round as well.



I saw the idea in a Martha Stewart magazine a couple of years ago. It is fairly time consuming to make but worth it. You basically just cut out a bunch of paper leaves and attach them to the wire frame, layering them to your liking.


I started seeing this final wreath on several blogs so I attempted to make my own.

 

That poor old book...has never looked better!

1 comment:

  1. Love all 3 wreaths! I have wanted a red berry wreath for my front door forever but have never taken the time to make one. I should definitely do that. That paper leaf one is adorable and the book page one looks great too!

    ReplyDelete