Thursday, September 27, 2012

on mount vernon avenue

So as promised a while ago here is my first "before/after renovation on the house" post...like how I worded that? Where better to start than the front porch. The funny thing is that that is definitely not something we gave any thought to doing this summer, but thanks to the bank we had to basically paint anything that was chipping. Just what I wanted to spend lots of time and money on! So here is the true before picture...


The nice thing is the previous owner replaced the siding before an agreement to buy was in the works. It's gray like it was meant to be ours.


The new siding actually improved the look of the house greatly but it wasn't until we painted over the old dirty white paint on the trim and covered up the remaining green paint that we realized what a difference it would make.


While it was not going to be a priority I still think it was well worth all the hours and work our friends put in to make our house look fresh and new. 
My husband and I tend to gravitate towards grays as it is a safe color and goes with everything, but we thought the porch needed a pop of color. We painted the ceiling a coral color and I could not be happier with the outcome. It's not overwhelming and you don't always have to look at it if you don't want to...just don't look up. It's a little bit of Savannah in Cincinnati if you ask me.


 We also painted the back porch coral...
TO BE CONTINUED! 

No comments:

Post a Comment